ALL ART Index – overview
- All Art Chart shows the ‘Artist Price’ performance of the All Art Index.
- ‘Artist Price’ is the weighted moving average of 24 months’ worth of sales at 130 auction salerooms worldwide (buyer’s premium removed) where weights attached to observations decrease arithmetically, with older observations having the smallest weights.
- To be eligible for inclusion in the All Art Index, artists must have sold at least one work in a 24-month period.
- Index is the sum of artist prices rebased to 1000 in January 1978.
- Month Change is the percentage change calculated from the month immediately preceding the most recent month update.
- UMV (Underlying Monetary Value) is the sum of ‘Artist Prices’ computed each month.
Copyright © 2020 Art Market Research, All Rights Reserved